The Specialized Network Services and Wide Area Network Team completely coordinate communication services and facilities which are utilized to transmit electronic data to and from State computers, terminals or other similar devices.
The Specialized Network Services and Wide Area Network Team has the expertise to advise agencies on transmission speeds, associated costs with those speeds, equipment necessary to obtain those results, and various maintenance and installation options.
- Data Communications facilities to transmit data between various computers and other similar devices.
- Procurement, installation, repair and maintenance of data communications equipment and Services.
- Troubleshooting of facility failure and data equipment problems.
- Provides network Internet connectivity via dedicated, private broadband, broadband (pdf) and dial-up services.
- Firewall Services.
- Wireless Data Connection and equipment.
- SSL and Domain Name procurement.
- Network Monitoring.
- Video Conferencing services.
Nebraska Office of the CIO