Get started with the State of Nebraska’s enterprise e-mail solutions.
@nebraska.gov E-mail Accounts
Hosted by the OCIO for all State of Nebraska users. Each email account includes the following services:
- Email mailbox, with storage up to 25 GB.
- Instant Messaging/Video Conferencing for Business.
- Intranet Portal for accessing team websites.
Disposition of a closed account (pdf)
- Allows end-users to filter out suspected spam and marketing emails.
- Sends one email each day, listing the emails that were trapped on the previous day.
- End-users choose which trapped emails should be released, the remaining emails will age out.
Electronic Mailing List (Listserv)
- Allows designated administrators to transparently send emails to listed subscribers.
- Listservs can be announcement-type or discussion-based lists where subscribers can respond to topics.
- List owners can choose a set group of subscribers or open the list to allow free-will subscriptions. Subscribers can include both @nebraska.gov addresses and recipients outside of the state network.
- Electronic mailing lists are self-cleaning, so email addresses that become unreachable for an extended period will be automatically removed from the list.
Internet Fax System
- Works via connection with the Enterprise Email System.
- Faxes can be sent to or received by, a user’s workstation via email or web application, word processor software, spreadsheet software or PDF scanner.
- Licensed users can opt to send faxes from the Web.
- Internet transmission routes outgoing faxes to the recipient’s fax machine, while incoming faxes will be received by the fax service, routed through the email server, to the intended recipient’s address.